Episode 5: Is the Title of Husband or Wife Enough?
Subscribe for Free to Our Podcast
In All Seriousness
Just Don’t Do That
In this podcast, Tony and Jill had a first: Tony actually admitted that Jill was right! They both even gave the same advice to just stop saying or doing something that the other person in your relationship doesn’t like.
Both have other relationship advice. Here are Tony’s tips:
- If you are married, do the type of things you did with your partner when you were dating. You might find that you enjoy it even more now, than when you were dating.
- Keep your relationship fresh and fun.
- Remember that what is most important is their happiness and yours.
Here are Jill’s suggestions:
- Don’t be afraid to speak up if your partner is saying something that bothers you. You don’t have to yell or scream, but don’t let it fester.
- Give the person a chance to explain what they meant by what they said. You may have misunderstood.
- If it is a misunderstanding, laugh about it together later. It will make you both realize that not everything is a battle and how far you’ve grown as a couple together.
Do you agree with any of these tips? What do you do when your loved one says something you don’t like? Leave your comments.
8 comments on “Episode 5: Is the Title of Husband or Wife Enough?”
Hi Jill! Thanks a lot for joining Thoughts of SheryL!
Great blog! 🙂
Hi Sheryl! Thanks for your comment and hitting Like. I enjoy your blog.
The one thing I loved about getting married was no longer dating. Lol. Yes, being upfront with your spouse and not letting things fester is wonderful advice. I think after 46 years of marriage (to the same man, by the way) I should start being more outspoken. I think Denis will laugh when he reads this–he’ll say I’m very outspoken.
I just read the above to Denis, and before I got to the last sentence, he cried nooooooooooo. Does that mean that at least we know each other? Good podcast–lots of fun.
Lol! I would say you two know each other quite well. Forty-six years of marriage is #relationshipgoals.
If we do nothing else in this life, we can say we stayed married. Hahahahaha
“That is the best blog for anyone who wants to find out about this topic. You notice a lot its virtually hard to argue with you (not that I truly would wantвЂ¦HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a subject thats been written about for years. Great stuff, just nice!”