Episode 8: Wants vs. Needs, The Relationship Edition
Subscribe for Free to Our Podcast
In All Seriousness
The Art of Compromising
In this podcast, Tony and Jill were more serious than usual because the dangers of riding a motorcycle were discussed.
If you listened to the end, however, you know that their relationship advice was on the comical side. For example, Tony said that while he believes in compromising, sometimes you just have to stand your ground. Jill, on the other hand, urged listeners to offer compromises to their partners, but said that if they don’t take it, then “Oh well.”
The two still have other tips to offer if you and your partner are trying to agree on something.
Here are Jill’s tips:
- Listen, listen, listen
- Don’t be afraid to state why you don’t agree, but say it with love.
- Empathize with your partner. If you put yourself in the other’s shoes, you may view the situation differently.
Here are Tony’s tips:
- At least try to compromise, if you are in a relationship
- Try to understand your partner’s concern
- Remember who you are. Do you feel like a piece of yourself would die if you gave up something you love doing? If so, that’s the time to stand your ground, but don’t let it destroy your relationship. Keep loving each other.
Have you tried any of these tips? What is your process for compromising? Leave your comments.