Subscribe for Free to Our Podcast
In All Seriousness
Respect Each Other’s Creative Work
In this week’s episode, it took awhile, but Tony finally came around to Jill’s stance. He told the audience to listen to their partner, whereas Jill suggested that as well, but also advised listeners to follow it up with action.
Tony had more tips, of course:
- Be open to compromise. Talk it out.
- If you are unable to easily reach a compromise, consider giving in. A great relationship isn’t worth a small issue that escalates into a full-fledged argument.
- If you find that you and partner argue a lot anyway, then you may need the help of a therapist. There’s no shame in seeking help when you need it.
Jill also has more advice:
- Know the difference between hearing your partner and active listening. The latter often prevents arguments.
- Don’t make everything a battle. If the topic is small to you, let your partner have his/her way.
- Respect creativity. Often, it is an outlet to de-stress.
Are you and your partner both creative? How do you navigate? Leave your responses in the comments section. Please remember to subscribe.