Subscribe for Free to Our Podcast
In All Seriousness
Listen to Learn
In this week’s episode, Jill and Tony both urged you to take time to listen to your partner. You might even learn something.
Tony also has more advice:
- Recognize that being a good listener strengthens your relationship.
- Not a good listener? Try not to interrupt until your partner is finished speaking.
- Remember that if you want and need be to heard, show your partner the same respect. Listening to your partner shows them how much you care for them and their thoughts.
Jill also has more tips:
- Strive to talk to each other, not at each other.
- Make time each day to have real conversations with each other.
- Feel you’re not being heard? Talk it out. Lead by example.
Are you and your partner both good listeners? What do you do when you realize you haven’t been heard? If you’re the one who isn’t a good listener, what are you going to do to improve?
Leave your responses in the comments section.