Special Replay: Is There a Flunky in Your Life?
Subscribe for Free to Our Podcast
Editor’s Note: Sometimes life prevents us all from doing things as planned. That was the case for Jill and Tony this week, so they decided to replay an episode they released during their first season. Tell us what episodes you’d like to hear again.
In All Seriousness
Don’t be so Serious in a Serious Relationship
In our podcast, Jill said to not call or make the other person in your relationship feel like a flunky. She does not believe anyone should be called that.
Instead, she has other tips for those who want to gain or maintain a healthy and happy relationship:
- She mentioned it earlier in the podcast, but to reiterate, admit when the other person is right, even if that is true only a few times. The other person will still appreciate your acknowledging those rare occasions.
- Recognize each of your strengths and weaknesses, then work to enhance or complement each other. Chances are you’ll become better together. Teamwork.
- Respect each other’s roles and positions in the relationship. No one should feel inferior.
Tony told you to accept your partner’s words that you are not a flunky. He has some other good advice, too:
- It is not always that important to prove that you’re right. Yes, we do it often enough, but we don’t take our disagreements that seriously.
- Consider that you might be wrong…even though you believe you’re right.
- Above all, remember that all of these small disagreements don’t matter in the big picture of life. Loving one another is more important than all else.
What tips do you have for those who are trying to determine which roles to embrace in their relationship? Let us know in the Comments section.