Subscribe for Free to Our Podcast
In All Seriousness
Let’s Decide Together
In this week’s episode, Tony and Jill discussed how they determine tasks in their household.
He told listeners to ask questions about who does what early on in the relationship, so that if you opt to live together later on, there will likely be fewer surprises.
He has other suggestions, too:
- Compromise, if necessary
- Keep each other accountable about what each agreed to do
- Hold your anger if one person doesn’t keep the commitment; talk it out as soon as possible
Jill told listeners to talk out issues with role assignments, but if nothing ever changes, and there appear to be bigger issues, you may consider leaving that relationship behind.
She has three other tips:
- Keep communication lines open
- Switch leader-follower roles from time to time
- Work together for the best outcomes
How do you determine who does what in your relationship? Let us know in the comments section. Hope to see you at our meetup on Oct. 26!