Subscribe for Free to Our Podcast
In All Seriousness
Hold Yourself Accountable
In this week’s episode, Tony admitted that he often blames Jill for things that aren’t her fault. By the end of the episode, he told listeners to try to change that habit, if they, too, often blame others for everything. He offered other advice:
- Consider how blame affects your partner. Adjust accordingly.
- Choose your words wisely with everyone, but especially when you feel the need to accuse your partner of something.
- If you’re lucky, your partner may understand that you just don’t know how to properly ask a question.
During the episode, Jill conceded that she knows that Tony does not mean any harm when he accuses her of things she had nothing to do with; she’s learned to tolerate it. She has other tips as well:
- Remember that words and tone both matter.
- Train people to treat you the way you wanted to be treated.
- Let your partners know your deal breakers early in your relationship.
What advice do you have? Leave your responses in the comments section.