Episode 12: When Your Partner Tunes you Out
Subscribe for Free to Our Podcast
In All Seriousness
Are you Listening?
During our podcast, Tony advised you to listen to your partner. You may learn something important.
He has other tips, too:
- Do not just think of yourself. Listen to your partner. He or she may say something that will help both of you grow.
- Listen, even when it’s something you don’t want to hear. This will help you understand who your partner really is. You might learn something about yourself, too.
- If you find that you and your partner can never find the time to talk to each other, that could be a sign of a bigger problem. It might be time to seek professional help.
During the podcast, Jill also suggested that you try to focus or have scheduled time to talk and really hear each other.
She has other advice as well:
- Repeat back what you think your partner said to you. This allows both of you the chance to see and get on the same page.
- Consider having dates in which you just sit, talk, and enjoy each other’s company.
- Listen. There’s a difference between hearing somebody and listening. Listen.
What do you do to make sure you hear your partner? Answer in the comments section. Subscribe to our blog, so that you don’t miss anything.