Episode 26: Mr. Jill: An Insult or a Joke?
Subscribe for Free to Our Podcast
In All Seriousness
What’s in a Name?
In this week’s episode, Jill said to avoid dwelling on labels or titles that others give you.
Instead, she suggests doing the following:
- Understand that you will encounter people who will call you something besides your name. Determine why they did it. Chances are they are just joking. If they aren’t, tell them how you feel.
- Realize that some people just want to give you nicknames. Feel free to return the favor.
- Know who you are, so that you can tell and show others when you need to do so.
In this week’s episode, Tony told listeners to not tell their partner if they were called a name that would make the other one seem demanding or bossy.
He has other tips, too:
- Titles can mean a lot to some people while in a relationship, so if someone gives you a nickname that makes them and you smile, accept it. It’s all in fun.
- Be able to laugh at yourself and to laugh with others about yourself. Try not to take everything so seriously.
- Life is too special and short to worry about little things. Try loving one another.
Have you experienced the same situation that Tony and Jill described. If so, what did you do about it? Leave your answers in the comments section. Don’t forget to subscribe and catch up on listening to our podcast.
2 comments on “Episode 26: Mr. Jill: An Insult or a Joke?”
Denis says it’s an attempt to be funny in a passive aggressive way. He says it can be maddening because if the person on the receiving end takes offense, the person delivering the veiled insult can says it’s a joke and admonish for him/her for being too sensitive. To me it’s just funny, even endearing. He says he’s right, and I say I’m right. Go figure.
Lol! We think you’re both right. 😁