Episode 28: The Green Acres Edition
Subscribe for Free to Our Podcast
In All Seriousness
In this week’s episode, Jill and Tony compromised on Tony’s idea to spend time in the country for an entire month.
Tony suggested that you keep an open mind if you have a partner who encourages you to try new things. You may even enjoy yourself.
He also has other advice:
- Avoid getting stuck in a rut doing the same things. Try to do something you didn’t think you would like.
- Embrace finding the many ways to add joy to your life.
- Understand that your partner may be able to see what will make you happy before you do.
During the episode, Jill suggested that you try things at least once, but with the understanding that it’s okay if you don’t enjoy it enough to ever do it again.
She has other tips:
- Stay true to who you are. Your trying something your partner likes doesn’t mean you have to stop doing what you enjoy.
- Retain your identity. Sometimes it’s easy to get lost in your identity as a couple. Remember that you are individuals, too.
- Don’t be afraid to compromise. When done right, both partners win.
Has your partner pushed you to do something you didn’t really want to do? How did you resolve that situation? Leave your answers in the comments section. Also tell us what topics you’d like to see us cover. Don’t forget to subscribe.