Episode 29: Do You Need Time and Space to be Alone?
Subscribe for Free to Our Podcast
In All Seriousness
Be You: Make Time for Yourself
In this week’s episode, Jill and Tony agreed that there’s nothing wrong with spending time and space away from your partner every now and then, but don’t do it too much.
Jill told listeners to take time for self-care.
She has more advice:
- Recognize who you are as a couple and who you are as an individual. Learn to love both identities.
- Take turns doing what your partner likes to do and doing what you enjoy as well. Don’t make it one-sided.
- Don’t forget your friends, unless you find they are not good for you or your relationship.
Meanwhile, Tony also advised listeners to do things on your own occasionally.
He has a few more tips:
- Remember who you are as a person. Retaining who you are as an individual is important.
- Don’t overdo it. Spending too much time with your friends or alone can be a sign that there may be a problem in your relationship.
- Create a balance in your relationship. Talk to your partner; find out what works best for both of you.
What has worked for you? Which of these tips have you tried? Leave your answers in the comments section. Don’t forget to subscribe or catch up on listening to all of our episodes.