Episode 30: Is Your Picker Off? A PG-Rated Production
Subscribe for Free to Our Podcast
In All Seriousness
Be Happy With Yourself
In this week’s episode, Jill and Tony agreed that the best way to choose a partner who is perfect for you is to first determine who you are, what you like, and stay true to yourself.
Tony also has other suggestions for people in relationships:
- Understand that we often choose partners who are like our parents, or we become the dysfunctional parents that raised us. Avoid this for a healthy and loving relationship.
- Listen to the people who are closest to you; they love you and have your best interests at heart.
- Let the people closest to you check out the person you’re interested in. If they say that they’re not a good match you, chances are they are right. Take their advice, and end the relationship.
Jill also has some advice:
- Trust your gut. It’s probably right.
- Try not to have a type. If your picker is off, your “type” isn’t working for you.
- Be open to falling in love with someone who doesn’t have all the things on your list of ideal traits. Remember that no one is perfect. Prioritize what trait are the most important to you.
Have you found the right person for you? How long did it take you? How did you know they were the right person? Leave your answers in the comments section.