Episode 42: Who do you Need in Your Life?
Subscribe for Free to Our Podcast
In All Seriousness
Be Selective About People you Deem Friends
In this week’s episode, Jill and Tony talked about the importance of surrounding yourself with people who are in your corner.
Tony told listeners to take a close look at the people who are in your life. If someone brings nothings but drama, pain, or heartache, then you need to distance yourself or remove that person from your life.
He has more advice:
- Remember that the company you keep can affect your quality of life
- Consider whether someone has had a positive effect on you. Those are the ones to keep in your life.
- Do not forget to love yourself, too.
Jill told listeners, paraphrasing Maya Angelou, to believe people when they show you who they are.
She urges listeners to do the following:
- If someone you consider a friend betrays you or is guilty of some other wrongdoing against you, determine whether it was just one bad decision on their part or something ongoing. Try to talk it out if you think they are a true friend. No one is perfect, after all.
- If you find you need to distance yourself from someone, consider walking away without a fight. Chances are arguing about it is only going to make things worse.
- Do not hold grudges. It eats away at you, not the other person.
Who are your friends? What criteria do you use to determine that they are not your enemies? Leave your answers in the comments section.
In the meantime, join us at our podcast-related meetup on Saturday, Oct. 26. We’ve planned some fun activities and giveaways.