Episode 23: Who’s the Boss in Your Relationship?
Subscribe for Free to Our Podcast
In All Seriousness
Split Roles Evenly
In this week’s episode, Tony told listeners that if they have a partner who thinks he/she/they are not bossy, then go ahead and let them believe it.
He also offered more tips:
- Understand that every relationship is different. If one person is indeed the boss, and both people are fine with it, then all is well.
- If both people are bossy, however, it doesn’t work because there cannot be two bosses in one household.
- Both parties need to talk over all larger issues together. Strive to reach a wise discussion that is best for both of them.
Meanwhile, Jill told listeners that if one person needs the other to be the one in control, that’s fine, too. Know and understand each other’s needs.
She had other thoughts on the topic as well:
- Understand that there are times to be the leader and times to be the follower. Many of the best relationships work because both parties understand that and assume and alternate their roles as needed.
- Pay attention to how someone treats you before marriage. If you think that person is too bossy for you then, know that marriage does not fix that.
- Remember that you can change someone’s bad behavior, but if you feel the need to change a person’s personality, you are with the wrong person.
Do you agree with these tips? Is there a clear boss in your relationship? Leave your answers in the comments section.