Episode 24: Are Your Friends Causing Problems in Your Relationship?
Subscribe for Free to Our Podcast
In All Seriousness
Awkward Friend Zones
In this week’s podcast, Tony and Jill agreed that you should be able to have a relationship with a person who is of the sex that you’re attracted to. Of course, sometimes issues arise if someone feels that their relationship is threatened.
Jill advised listeners to communicate with each other if one felt uncomfortable with a friendship the other one has.
She has other tips:
- Be aware of who your friends really are.
- Listen to and respect your partner’s concern if he or she has a problem with your friend. You may be too close to the situation to truly see what is happening.
- Don’t be afraid to drop a friend if you find that he or she is toxic to you or your relationship.
Tony advised people to stay aware of people who may have ulterior motives.
He has more thoughts on the topic:
- It can be easier to have this kind of friendship if you grew up with the person in question, and you never developed any romantic feelings for each other.
- If you develop a friendship with a person that you met at your job, be honest with your partner about it. Otherwise, this scenario often ends badly for both people.
- Be honest with your partner and your friend from the start.
Have you tried any of these tips? What worked for you? Leave your answers in the comments section.