Episode 37: The Myth About Introverts
Subscribe for Free to Our Podcast
In All Seriousness
You May Be an Introvert
In this week’s episode, Jill revealed that she is actually an introvert when it comes to what energy makes her thrive; whereas Tony said he is either a hybrid of an introvert and an extrovert, or maybe he’s an extrovert.
You may not believe their conclusions, but it’s true, even if they only realized that about themselves recently.
In the podcast, Tony encouraged people to connect with others, regardless of whether they are an introvert or extrovert, in order to have a fulfilling life. He said you only need a few close friends.
He also has these tips:
- Recognize that it doesn’t matter whether you are introverted or extroverted, as long as it doesn’t negatively affect your professional and personal life.
- Avoid being a hermit. Do the things you enjoy outside of your home, even occasionally.
- If you are an extrovert, do not try to outshine others around you, especially if you are in a relationship with an introvert.
Meanwhile, Jill told listeners to be who they really are, but try to step up if they have to in order to achieve their goals.
Her other suggestions are for introverts, like her:
- Face your fears. For example, if it terrifies you to deliver a presentation or a speech, learn how to get out of your comfort zone by joining Toastmasters or finding help in another form.
- Do not try to change your personality, even if someone else would prefer if you did. Instead, work on improving behaviors that you believe may be holding you back from meaningful roles and relationships.
- Make time for self-care. If you find mandatory social gatherings draining, take the time to do the things that rejuvenate and relax after the event is over.
Do you believe Jill and Tony’s conclusions about themselves? How do you navigate social gatherings if you’re in a relationship with an introvert, but you are an extrovert, or vice-versa? Leave your responses in the comments section.
Thanks for your support. Keep listening!